The SSL tunnel will not set up and the client’s log file shows the following messages:
- Fri Feb 07 16:30:42 2014 TEST ROUTES: 0/0 succeeded len=2 ret=0 a=0 u/d=down
- Fri Feb 07 16:30:42 2014 Route: Waiting f or TUN/TAP interface to come up...
Open the Windows Network and Sharing Center and click on the menu Change adapter settings. Right-click on the TAP-Windows Adapter interface and select Diagnose.
The tunnel will not set up and the client displays the message “Unable to connect to UTM: Socket operation timed out”.
Check that the IP address specified in the Firewall address field of the Stormshield Network SSL VPN Client is correct.
The tunnel will not set up and the client displays the message “Unable to connect to UTM: User not allowed”.
- Check that the login and password specified in the Login and Password fields of the Stormshield Network SSL VPN Client are correct,
- On the Firewall, check that the user is allowed to set up SSL VPN tunnels (module Configuration > Users > Access privileges, Detailed access tab).
The SSL tunnel has been set up, but I cannot access an authorized resource (example: could not access an intranet server).
- On the Firewall:
- Check that the filter rules indeed allow access to this resource,
- Check the filter logs in order to determine any possible traffic blocks (menu Logs > Logs > Filter).
- Check that the requested resource is physically available,
- Clear the ARP cache on the client machine: in console mode, type the command “arp -d *”.
The SSL tunnel will not set up and the client displays the message: “Error on service connection: Connection refused”.
Check that the Stormshield SSL VPN Service has been started. Restart it if necessary.