Getting help on the agent
- Click on the tab in the agent interface to open the Help and support panel.
In the Contact tab, locate the following information:
- Technical support contact: details of the service to get in touch with if you encounter issues with the SES Evolution agent. This information appears only if you have chosen to do so in the configuration of the agent group. For further information, refer to the section Showing Technical support information on agents.
- Information: details about the agent installed on this workstation.
The diagnostic feature makes it possible to capture series of operations that trigger abnormal behavior in SES Evolution and to send all the information to Stormshield‘s technical support department in the form of a .cab file.
The following information is obtained:
- Debugging logs that each module in the agent generates,
- All logs generated by the agent when operations are captured.
To debug an issue:
- In the Diagnosis tab, choose the location for the diagnostic file SES Evolution Diagnostic Result.cab. This file is created by default on the Windows Desktop.
- Select Run as administrator if you want to save all users' logs.
- Click on Start tracing.
- Reproduce the event that triggered the abnormal behavior.
- Click on Stop tracing.
- Send the generated file to technical support.
If you perform another diagnosis later on, an additional .cab file will be generated.
The maximum size of a .cab file is 2 GB. For long diagnoses, you may need to launch the operation several times and send all the .cab files to technical support.
You can also troubleshoot issues via a script, by launching EsGui ([...]\Stormshield\SES Evolution\Agent\Bin\Gui) using the command line option /StartDiagnostic /DiagnosticFile <path\to\file.cab>. Replace <path\to\file.cab> with the name of the final log file.
To stop tracing, use the /StopDiagnostic option.
Agents’ logs can be read in the Events tab of each agent's interface. For further information, refer to the section Viewing logs in the agents’ interface.
The log levels that will be sent to the agent can be configured. For further information, refer to the section Configuring log management.
Agent’ logs can also be read on the administration console and the syslog server, if you have configured one.