Stormshield Data Mail
Stormshield Data Mail makes it possible to encrypt and/or sign your e-mails in Microsoft Outlook before you send them. This guarantees their confidentiality and integrity, and confirms your identity.
- With Stormshield Data Mail, the body of an e-mail and its attachments can be encrypted,
- Only the recipients of the e-mail will be able to decrypt the e-mail and its attachments,
- E-mails encrypted with Stormshield Data Mail can be decrypted with any e-mail client that follows the S/MIME standard.
- The signature proves to your recipients that you, and no one else, sent the e-mail,
- It prevents other users from assuming the identity of the sender because the From: field in mail clients can be easily falsified,
- It proves to your recipients that the contents of the e-mail were not changed between the moment you sent it and when the recipient read it,
- E-mails signed with Stormshield Data Mail can be verified with any e-mail client that follows the S/MIME standard.
- Log in to your SDS Enterprise Enterprise account by double-clicking on the SDS Enterprise icon in the taskbar.
- Write an e-mail as you normally would in Microsoft Outlook.
- In the Security area in the Message tab, click on to encrypt your e-mail, and/or on to sign it. We do not support PGP e-mail signature.
- The Stormshield Data Security Enterprise banner will appear at the bottom of the e-mail window.
- Click on Send.
Your recipients must already be in your SDS Enterprise Enterprise address book before these operations can be performed. For more information, see the section Managing the user address book.
For more information on how to use Stormshield Data Mail, refer to the Advanced User Guide.