Initial installation wizard
The operations described below are not necessary for machines deployed over VMWare if you have filled in the form for the base configuration during the deployment (Step in the deployment of a virtual image in VMware). In this case, you can go on directly to the activation of the virtual machine.
In all other cases:
- Select and start up the virtual firewall.
- Access the Stormshield Network firewall’s administration console by going to the Console tab.
- An initial wizard will help you in the configuration of your appliance. Select the language of your keyboard:
- Enter a password for the “admin” super-user and confirm it. Choose a complex password that follows the recommendations given by organizations such as the ANSSI:
- The installation wizard will display the network parameters of each interface detected (DHCP by default) and offer to modify them if necessary:
- If you modify an interface's network parameters, indicate its IP address, subnet mask and default gateway in sequence:
- The wizard will ask if you wish to manage the firewall from its “out” interface. Press "Enter" to accept:
The Stormshield Network firewall now has a base network configuration.