Allocate a public IP address to your instance
To enable remote administration of the firewall, you must define a public IP address (Elastic IP) and assign it to the firewall:
- In the Services menu, select EC2
- In the Network & Security menu, select Elastic IPs.
- Click on Allocate New Address
- Select VPC for allocation and confirm (Allocate)
- Select the newly created Elastic IP
- Click on Action > Associate address
- In the Instance field, select your EVA new instance
- In the Private IP field, select the suggested IP address
- Click on Associate.
- You can now access the Stormshield Network Administration Console with your web browser using the link https://EC2 Elastic IP address>/admin.
- The default login is admin, and the default password is your EC2 instance ID (available in the EC2 Instances console).
- Once logged in, please change the admin account password (System > Administrators > Admin account tab).
- You can now set up your EVA instance. Do not forget to install your EVA activation kit as soon as possible (see EVA Installation Guide: Downloading the activation kit and Activating the virtual firewall).