Deleting custom patterns
The following steps are required in order to delete custom patterns:
On the development workstation
- In the file CustomPatterns.in:
- Delete the section that defines the pattern,
- Increment the Revision field of the corresponding context.
- Transfer this file to the acceptance testing firewall.
On the acceptance testing firewall
- Delete the individual file corresponding to this context in the folder /usr/Firewall/Data/CustomPatterns/Download (e.g.: tcpudp_hostname).
- Validate the custom pattern file.
- Launch the compilation of patterns.
- In Application protection > Applications and protections, check whether this pattern has been deleted.