Version 3.9 allows additional operations with regard to the initial configuration of an SNS firewall using a USB key: importing PKCS#12 certificates, importing the password of the admin account, executing additional configuration commands (CSV files), enabling the construction of high availability clusters, among other features.
When the firewall is starting up on a USB key, the files found on the key will be imported/installed/run automatically in the following sequence:
- License (".licence" extension).
- Firmware update (".maj" extension).
The firewall will then be restarted.
- Configuration backup file (".na" extension).
- SMC connecting package (".pack" extension).
- Certificates (".p12" extension).
- admin account password (".pwd" extension).
- Additional configuration files (".csv" extension).
If any of the files in the list above is not on the key, the corresponding step will simply be skipped.