Viewing agents in the console
The administration console allows you to track the status of agents in real time on all workstations. Agents can be classified by various criteria: operating system, domain, SES Evolution version, etc.
Agents can also be filtered, moved from one group to another and exported to a CSV file.
Users need to hold the Agent groups - Display privilege to view this panel.
- In the Agents menu, select All agents to view all agents regardless of their group.
- or - Select an agent group from the left panel, then click on General. Every agent deployed via the agent group installer connects to the agent handler and appears in the table with the following information:
- Computer: name of the workstation on which the SES Evolution agent is installed,
- IP address: Main IP address if the computer has several network cards,
- Version: version number of the SES Evolution agent,
- Operating system: version of the operating system on the workstation,
- Host type: desktop PC, laptop, server, virtual machine, or unknown,
- Policy: name of the SES Evolution security policy applied to the workstation,
- Last connection: date of the SES Evolution agent's last connection to the agent handler,
- Domain: name of the Windows domain to which the workstation belongs,
- User: name of the Windows account that last connected to the SES Evolution server from this workstation.
- Group: name of the agent group to which the agent belongs.
- Mode: operating mode of the SES Evolution agent: normal, stopped or maintenance. Stopped mode means that SES Evolution no longer protects the workstation. For further information on Maintenance mode, refer to the section Enabling Maintenance mode.
- Pinned: the icon means that the agent will remain in its agent group regardless of Active Directory assignment rules. If the column is empty, the agent will comply with Active Directory rules and it can be moved automatically from one group to another if its Active Directory criteria change. For further information, refer to the section Automatically assigning agents to agent groups.
- In the Filters section of the General tab, enable filters to customize your list of agents. Every column corresponds to a type of filter and contains several values. Click on these values to enable the corresponding filter.
The list of agents will be refreshed according to the active filters applied.
- You can go back to the full list of agents at any time by clicking on Reset filters.
To filter by a computer’s name, its GUID, date of last connection or by user, enter a character string in the search field at the top on the right.
- In the list of agents, select the agents that you want to move.
Click and choose Move agents to > Name of desired group. The name of the agent appears in blue and italics in the original group and target group to indicate that the agent is in the process of being moved.
Select the Environment menu and click on Deploy to apply the configuration and security policies of the new group to the agent.
The name of the agent will turn back to black. The agent will be deleted from the first group and now belongs to the group to which it was moved.
If the agent was moved to its group by an Active Directory assignment rule and you move it manually, it will be pinned in its new group and the Active Directory assignment rule will no longer apply.
If the agent was pinned in its original group, it will be pinned in its destination group. For further information on Active Directory assignment rules and pinning, refer to the section Automatically assigning agents to agent groups.
- In the list of agents, select the agents that you want to export.
- Right-click and choose Export selected agents, then select the desired separator, i.e., comma, semicolon or tab. A file ExportedAgents.csv is created by default on the desktop. Change its name and destination if necessary.
- Open the .csv file with the tool of your choice.
To monitor activity on your agents, you can view their logs. For further information, refer to the section Viewing and managing agent logs in the administration console.