Uninstalling an agent
If another program is incompatible with the SES Evolution agent and prevents the user from working, for example, the only solution is to uninstall the agent.
To uninstall an agent using a challenge, ask the user to:
- Open the agent interface by double-clicking on in the taskbar.
- Go to to open the Help and support panel.
- Click on Request a challenge in the Helpdesk tab.
- Send you the challenge code generated.
- Keep the New challenge window open.
On your side:
- Open the Challenges menu in the console.
- Enter the challenge code.
- Select Uninstall the agent.
- Click on Generate.
- Send the response code to the user.
- Ask the user to enter the response code in the New challenge window, then click on Start the challenge.
Once the challenge has started, it cannot be stopped and there is no way to go back. Users must restart their workstations to properly end the process.
The agent can also be uninstalled through the standard procedure of uninstalling programs, provided that the agent group conf allows it. Administration privileges are required. For further information, refer to the sections Allowing administrators to uninstall agents and Uninstalling agents.