In this module, you can:
Create custom URL and certificate categories,
Create groups that may contain custom and dynamic categories,
- Set the URL database provider that provides dynamic URL categories.
For a specific category, e.g. “banks”, that groups the most frequently visited bank URLs, a rule can be created in the Configuration > Security policy > URL filtering module to block access to it. Therefore, when a user attempts to connect to a website in this category, a block page will appear with an error message.
Block pages can be customized in Configuration > Notifications > Block messages ⇒ HTTP Block page tab.
In filter policies, it is better to use dynamic categories provided by URL databases, as they are richer and perform better than custom URL lists.
This module consists of four tabs:
- URL: makes it possible to group URLs by category (e.g., shopping, pornography or videogames). Each of these categories groups together a certain number of website URLs, which may be blocked or allowed, depending on the desired action.
- Certificate name (CN): makes it possible to create categories to recognize the certificates assigned to secure websites, for use in SSL filtering.
- Category group: makes it possible to create URL or certificate category groups from custom or dynamic categories in the URL database.
- URL database: defines the URL database provider used. The Embedded URL database provider is selected by default.
Refer to the section Allowed names to find out which characters are allowed and prohibited in various fields.