Application servers tab
Configuration with an application server
The procedure for adding a server to access resources other than web-based resources is as follows:
- Click on Add then select Application server.
- Enter a name for this server. (The field can be left empty. Allowed characters: numbers, letters, spaces, -, _, and dots.)
- This server’s configuration then appears. The different parameters are explained below.
|Destination server||This field allows specifying the object corresponding to the server that the user will be able to access.|
|Port||The port on the server accessible to the user can be specified in this field.|
User workstation settings
|Listening IP address (local)||Local address of the client.|
|Port||The JAVA applet uses this port, located on the remote workstation, to redirect encrypted traffic going to the Stormshield Network Firewall.
The user must possess certain privileges on this port (to open it, for example), therefore make sure that the host’s local administration rights are modified as well. Also, the specified port must be free on all hosts wishing to connect to the associated server via the portal.
|Enable Citrix compatibility||Enables compatibility with the Citrix web authentication portal and access via the web browser. This option is useless if the Citrix fat client is used.|
|Command executed at startup||This command, which is executed when the server is launched, allows the administrator to define actions to perform before displaying the server. For example, this command may execute a script (installed on a server) that will check the activity of the antivirus installed on the user’s host before granting him access to the server.|
Configuration with a Citrix server
Creating an object for the Citrix server
- Go to the object database in order to create a host.
- Select a host.
Configuring an application server
In the SSL VPN module:
- Select the tab Application servers.
- Click on Add
- Select Citrix server.
- Give your server a name.
The Citrix configuration screen will then appear.
- Select the Citrix server created earlier in the objects database. (Cf. Step1)
Configuring a web server
Select the tab Web servers:
- Click on Add.
- Select Web server.
- Give your server a name
The web server configuration window will then appear:
- As for the URL: access path, indicate CitrixAccess/auth/login.aspx (if it is the version Presentation Server 4.0).
Sending the configuration
Click on Apply.
Accessing the web portal
- Open the web browser.
- Identify yourself (https://your firewall’s IP address or its name).
- Go to Secure access.
- Select Pop up secure-access window from the drop-down list.
It is important for the Stormshield Network SSL VPN applet to operate as a background task.
- Select Portal access > Portal.
- Enter your username, password and domain.