The module configuration menu
Access this menu by clicking on the Configuration tab at the top.
The configuration menu is laid out in the form of a retractable column ( button) that contains three drop-down sections (Configuration, Objects, Users) and a list of favorite modules.
Favorite modules are listed in the drop-down menu under the icon .
To add a configuration module to the list of favorites, click on the icon to the right of the title of the module.
This section consists of a tree of menus and their modules. It also includes a keyword search bar.
Eight menus are available (click on each menu to expand its list of modules):
- System, containing eight modules: Configuration, Administrators, License, Maintenance, Active Update, High availability, Management Center, CLI console.
- Network, containing seven modules: Interfaces, Virtual interfaces, Routing, Multicast routing, Dynamic DNS, DHCP, DNS cache proxy.
- Objects, containing three modules: Network objects, Web objects, Certificates and PKI.
- Users, containing six modules: Users, Temporary accounts, Access privileges, Authentication, Enrollment, Directory configuration.
- Security policy, containing six modules: Filtering and NAT, URL filtering, SSL filtering, SMTP filtering, Quality of service, Implicit rules.
- Application protection, containing six modules: Applications and Protections, Protocols, Inspection profiles, Vulnerability manager, Host reputation, Antivirus, Antispam.
- VPN, containing four modules: IPSec VPN, SSL VPN, SSL VPN portal, PPTP server.
- Notifications, containing seven modules: Logs - Syslog - IPFIX, SNMP agent, E-mail alerts, System events, Block messages, Report configuration, Monitoring configuration.
If certain modules are grayed out, this means that you have not subscribed to the required license and therefore cannot access them.
This can also mean that the connected user does not have the necessary privileges for accessing these menus.