Preparing the USB key
If you are using a USB key for a firewall's initial configuration, Stormshield strongly recommends encrypted USB keys such as Kingston Data Traveler, which are protected with a built-in PIN.
Formatting the USB key
The USB key must contain a single partition formatted to FAT32.
Copying the necessary files
Depending on the operations performed, copy the following files to the root folder of the USB key:
- Licenses (.licence),
- Software update(s) (.maj),
- Configuration backup(s) (.na),
- SMC connecting package(s) (.pack),
- PKCS#12 certificate(s) (.p12),
- Files containing the password to the admin account (.pwd),
- Files containing the dynamic routing configuration (.bird or .bird6),
- Additional configuration files (.csv).