Installing OpenVPN Connect
- On a workstation: download the application from the OpenVPN website and install it,
- On a mobile device: install the application from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
Configuring OpenVPN Connect
- Retrieve the .ovpn file. On your device, authenticate on https://firewall_IPaddress/auth, and in the Personal data tab, click on or press SSL VPN profile for mobile OpenVPN Connect clients (single .ovpn file).
- Import the .ovpn file into OpenVPN Connect:
- On a workstation: open the application and import the file via Import Profile > File,
- On a mobile device: attempt to open the file, then from the choices given in the device, select OpenVPN Connect. The Import Profile > File window appears.
- Next, follow the instructions given. Refer to the OpenVPN website for help whenever necessary.
This operation must be performed during the initial connection, or when the SSL VPN configuration of the SNS firewall is modified, e.g., after a certificate is changed.