Customizing captive portal profiles for the Guest method
In the Captive portal profiles tab in the Configuration > Users > Authentication module, select the "Sponsor" profile. The following parameters will be implemented directly with this profile:
- Default method or directory: "Sponsorship (sponsored_users.local.domain)".
Authentication periods allowed
- Minimum duration: may be set from 1 minute to 24 hours (value suggested by default: 15 minutes).
- Maximum duration: may be set from 1 minute to 24 hours (value suggested by default: 4 hours).
- Enable the captive portal.
- Expiry of the HTTP cookie: "None".
The cookie timeout parameter in particular must not be modified for the Sponsorship method.
Moreover, the fact that cookies are not used will prohibit the use of multi-user objects (TSE servers for example) as source hosts for this method.
Conditions of use for Internet access
Select the Enable the display of the conditions of use for Internet access checkbox if you want these conditions to be shown whenever a user logs on. They will also be displayed at a regular interval (value suggested by default: 18 hours).
The text contained in the conditions of use can be customized in the Captive portal tab.
If any of these parameters have been modified (e.g.: authentication periods), click on Apply to save the configuration.