This service enables the management of accounts with a limited validity duration. These accounts are meant to provide temporary public Internet access to persons outside the organization. Temporary accounts are not saved in the LDAP directory(ies) declared on the firewall.
These accounts consist of the following information:
- First name (mandatory),
- Last name (mandatory),
- E-mail address (optional),
- Company (optional),
- Date from which the account will be valid (mandatory),
- Date until which the account will be valid (mandatory),
- Connection ID automatically made up of the first name and last name separated by a period,
- Automatically generated password.
To find out which characters are allowed or prohibited in various fields, please refer to the section Allowed names.
The Temporary account module contains 2 tabs:
- Configuration: this tab allows you to enable temporary account management and define a default validity duration for accounts,
- List of temporary accounts: this tab allows creating/deleting temporary accounts.