Refer to this section in order to resolve frequently encountered issues while using SNS CLI scripts.
The script file is too large
- Situation: When a script file is selected, an error message indicates that the script is too large.
- Cause: The size of the file must not exceed 5 MB by default.
- Solution: If necessary, increase the limit by adding the line below to the file
/data/config/fwadmin-env.conf.local. Set the limit to 10 MB for example:
Certain characters are not supported in the script
- Situation: Certain accented or special characters do not display correctly in the script. The script could not be run.
- Cause: The .script file was not encoded in UTF-8.
- Solution: Change the encoding of the script to UTF-8.
The script fails to run on certain firewalls
- Situation: The Execution tab in the SNS CLI scripts menu indicates errors.
- Cause: The script calls up customized variables and/or attachments which are missing. The encoding of the script is wrong. Other problems may be the cause of the script's failure to run.
- Look for the cause of the error which appears in the status bar when the script is run for a given firewall.
- Look up the log file in /var/log/fwadmin-server/server.log for further details.
- Before running the script, you can view it for a given firewall in the Firewalls selection tab. Certain errors may be indicated.
The Execute script button remains grayed out
- Situation: Firewalls have been selected for the execution of a script but the execution button remains grayed out
- Cause: During the execution of a script or deployment of a configuration, you will not be able to run another script execution.
- Solution: Wait for the script run or configuration deployment to end.