- In the web interface of the SMC server, select Scripts > SNS CLI scripts.
- In the Firewalls selection tab, select the script to run.
- You can store a list of scripts on the SMC server,
- The button allows viewing the raw contents of the script as it is found on your workstation.
- In the Optional: attachments related to the script menu, select the relevant files to attach to the script. For more information, please refer to the section Attaching files to a script and receiving files generated by script.
- In the second part of the Firewalls selection tab, select the firewalls on which the script will be run. For each firewall:
- The icon indicates, where applicable, that the firewall cannot be selected for the execution of the script. As such, the row will be grayed out. Scroll over the icon with your mouse to find out why.
- The icon allows viewing the contents of the script, including variables replaced with values associated with the firewall in question. The icon becomes if there is an error during the analysis of the script (missing attached file or unknown variable). View the contents of the script to find out which row is causing the issue.
- Click on Execute script at the bottom of the tab. The Execution tab automatically opens.
- Track the progress and results of the execution of scripts on each selected firewall.
During the execution of a script or deployment of a configuration, you will not be able to run another script execution but you can prepare it in the Firewalls selection tab.
Executing script automatically adopts the reading/writing privileges on any administration sessions already open on the firewalls in question.
- A summary of the execution process can be seen at the bottom of the panel, displaying successful operations, errors and the firewalls on which the script could not be deployed.
- You can also filter the list of firewalls by selecting a status in the drop down list at the top of the list.
- In case of error, see the SMC server logs. You can also connect to the logs and activity reports of a firewall by clicking the icon in the Actions column.