Importing the initialization kit
The installation of the initialization kit allows you to simultaneously perform two operations:
- Change the EVA model to a Stormshield Network Security model,
- Assign a new serial number to the firewall in the following format: VMSNSXXXXXXX.
The type of initialization kit is also what determines whether the virtual firewall is sold with or without the Premium UTM Security pack option.
- Start up the virtual firewall. Its serial number by default is VMSNSX00Z0000A0.
- If it was configured in DHCP, note down its IP address from the console.
- Log on to the virtual firewall's web administration interface (https://firewall_IP_address/admin).
- Authenticate using the administrator account and the associated password.
- Go to the Configuration > System > Maintenance module > System update tab.
- Select the initialization kit (extension ".vminit") in the field Select the update.
- Click on Update firmware.
The firewall will automatically restart. You now have a Stormshield Network Security firewall, as indicated in the upper banner.