Installing the new initialization kit
The installation of the initialization kit retrieved earlier from your secure area (section Downloading the EVA initialization kit) makes it possible to perform two operations simultaneously:
- Change the V/VS-VU model to an EVA model,
- Assign a new serial number to the firewall in the following format: VMSNSXXXXXXX.
To do so:
- Log on to the virtual firewall's web administration interface (https://firewall_IP_address/admin).
- Authenticate using the administrator account and the associated password.
- Go to the Configuration > System > Maintenance module > System update tab.
- Select the initialization kit (extension ".vminit") in the field Select the update.
- Click on Update firmware.
The firewall will automatically restart once the activation kit has been applied.