Deploying a virtual image on a VMware platform
This procedure is an example based on a VMware platform. You need to adapt it if you are using another virtual environment.
- Open the vSphere client from your administration workstation.
- Enter the login parameters for vCenter Server:
- IP address/Name,
- User name,
- Click Connect.
- Click on the File menu then on Deploy OVF template....
- Click on Browse.
- Select the access path of the .OVA file downloaded earlier (see section Downloading the installation file), then click on Next.
- Read and accept the conditions of use, then click on Next.
- Select the location of the inventory in which the virtual machine will be installed, then click on Next.
- Select the Host/Cluster that will host the virtual machine, then click on Next.
- Select the storage location, then click on Next.
- Confirm the disk format by clicking on Next.
- Select the network used by each interface of the virtual machine, then click on Next.
- Fill in the form on the firewall's base configuration :
- Customer ID: optional client identifier. Leave this field empty at this stage. You will fill it in later when you deploy virtual Stormshield Network Security firewalls if you wish to associate them with a particular client.
- Hostname: firewall's name,
- Password: enter, then confirm the password of the firewall's admin account. Choose a complex password that follows the recommendations given by organizations such as the ANSSI.
Network interface 1 (out)
- Gateway: IP address of the firewall's default gateway (leave this empty if it is DHCP),
- IP address 1: IP address of the firewall's first network interface (indicate DHCP for dynamic address assignment),
- Netmask 1: network mask (leave this empty if it is DHCP).
Network interface 2 (in)
- IP address 2: IP address of the firewall's first network interface (indicate DHCP for dynamic address assignment),
- Netmask 2: network mask (leave this empty if it is DHCP).
- Click on Next.
- Confirm the configuration by clicking on Finish.
The deployment of your Stormshield Network virtual firewall will automatically begin.