Ending the SMC server initialization
You are now connected to the SMC server from a web browser for the first time. To complete the last steps of the SMC server initialization, use the SMC server initialization wizard.
- Select the manual initialization mode.
- Select the web interface language. The default language is your browser's language. If the browser's language is other than English or French, the default language is English.
- Select the keyboard language used when you connect to the SMC server in command line,
- Enter the definitive IP address of the SMC server.
- Specify the "admin" and "root" users' passwords:
- admin: main administrator of the web interface. The password must have a minimum length of eight characters.
- root: user allowed to connect to the server in command line.
- Click Apply. This completes initialization.
- Connect to the SMC server web interface with the "admin" user and password specified at step 5 of this procedure. Your SMC server is now initialized. Learn how to administer firewalls and maintain the server in the Stormshield Network Security Administration guide.