Getting information about firewalls
From the Monitoring > Firewalls menu, you can see varied information about each firewall such as its health status, IP address, model, deployment number, maintenance end date, license options subscribed, etc.
Some columns are hidden by default in this monitoring view. To show a column:
- Scroll over any column title with the mouse,
- Click on the black arrow that appears,
- Scroll over the Columns menu,
- Select the columns that you prefer.
From this menu, you can also edit the configuration, access the web administration interface, logs and activity reports of a firewall, import a certificate on a firewall, check its usage and remove a firewall from the list.
Five different icons indicate the health status of the firewalls in the first column of the list:
- : the firewall is running,
- : the firewall has a non critical issue,
- : the firewall has a critical issue,
- : the firewall is disconnected,
- : the firewall has never been connected to the SMC server.
Scroll the mouse over the icons to display a tooltip detailing the health status for each firewall.
To filter the firewall list according to the health status:
- Click on the status icons in the upper banner of the interface.
- or -
- Use the status drop-down menu above the firewall list. The Connected filter displays firewalls that are Running, Not critical and Critical.
For each connected firewall, information about the CPU, the memory used and the disk space used are available. The values displayed about the CPU and memory apply to the latest hour. Move the mouse over the diagrams to see more details.
The firewall does not display a valid maintenance end date
- Situation: In Monitoring view, the column indicating the date on which maintenance of the firewall ends is empty.
- Cause: Either the firewall's license is not valid or its version is lower than 2.5. The SMC server does not manage the maintenance end date for firewalls in versions 2.3 and 2.4.
- Solution: Contact your Stormshield support center in order to obtain a valid license or upgrade the firewall to version 2.5 or higher.