Editing, deleting and checking usage of a VPN topology
Edit or delete a topology from the list of your VPN topologies in Configuration > VPN topologies.
You can also check where generated VTI objects are used in a route-based topology.
- Double-click on the line of a topology
- Scroll over a line to make the pen icon appear. The icon will appear in each column and allows directly opening the wizard corresponding to the column.
Redeploy the configuration after this operation.
- Scroll over the name of the topology in the list and click on the red cross.
- Redeploy the configuration after this operation.
When a route-based VPN topology is modified or deleted in SMC, VTI objects will also be modified or deleted. If you are using such objects in the local configuration of your SN firewalls, first ensure that you delete them before modifying or deleting a topology in SMC.
By checking the usage of a route-based VPN topology, you can find out whether VTI objects, which SMC automatically generates when the topology is created, are used in a component of the configuration, such as a filter rule.
You cannot delete a route-based topology or remove peers from the topology as long as any of its objects is in use.
To check whether generated VTI objects are in use:
- Scroll over the name of the topology in the list and click on the icon. The results will be displayed in the lower panel. You can double-click on a result to view details.