Adding a console, backend component or agent handler
In the Installation Center, the Add a new component to an existing installation menu offers the possibility of installing consoles, backend servers or agent handlers on machines other than the one on which you performed the first installation. Components cannot be added if you have performed a demo installation.
Agent handlers can be installed on machines that belong to Active Directory domains other than the one on which the backend component is located. For further information, refer to Installing SES Evolution servers on different Active Directory domains.
No additional license is needed to add these components to the same environment.
To add a console, backend component or agent handler, perform the following operations:
- Log in to the machine using a Windows account with the following characteristics:
- If the machine belongs to a domain, the Windows account must be a domain account,
- The account must hold administration privileges and permissions to open interactive sessions on the local machine,
- Only for the backend component, the account must have access to the database instance with the “sysadmin” server role.
- Run the file SES_Evolution_Installation_Center.exe.
- Click on Add a new component to an existing installation.
- Select the component to install.
- If you are adding a backend component, enter the address of the administration database instance and the login credentials of the super administrator account on the database. If you are adding a console or agent handler, enter the address of the backend component.
- Define the various parameters. For more information on parameters, refer to Standard installations. With regard to the intermediate certification authority of the backend component or agent handler, its password cannot be viewed during the initial installation since the password is already entered in the Certificates section of the standard installation.
- Apply these changes to complete the process.