Removing security on a folder
To remove security on a folder and decrypt the files that it contains:
- Right-click on the secure folder, then select the Stormshield Data Security menus and Properties.
The properties page indicates the secure state of the folder, the co-workers allowed to access the folder and the users allowed to modify the security options (rule owners).
- Click on Do not secure this folder and then OK.
Only rule owners are allowed to delete a rule.
- The following window will ask you to confirm the operation. Select Yes to proceed.
- A progress bar shows the decryption of the files being processed.
If some files have not been decrypted (for example, because access was denied), they are listed in the Details section.
- Click on Close. The security rule has been deleted and the files contained in the folder are now in plaintext.