Sharing files with external users
- When you have already protected a confidential file that you stored on your disk or in a shared space. You now wish to share this file with external users who do not have the SDS for C&M client on their computers or mobile devices.
- Users who protect and share files must have the SDS for C&M client in version 3.2 on their computers.
- Users who receive and view files will need a web browser, an Internet connection and an e-mail address. The browser must support TLS 1.2 or higher.
- For recipients, traffic to https://sds.stormshieldcs.eu must be allowed.
- Shared files must not exceed 10 MB. To view larger files, recipients must install the SDS for C&M client.
- Protect the file to share with SDS for C&M. For more information, please refer to the section Protecting access to files.
- From the Windows explorer (or the Finder on macOS), right-click on the protected file you wish to share and select Stormshield Data Security > Grant access.
- In the user selection window, enter the e-mail addresses of the users with whom you wish to share the file; they will appear in the External users list.
These users will be able to view and modify the contents of the protected file, but will not be able to protect it again for other users.
- Add other external or internal users if necessary.
- Once you have compiled your list of users, click on Grant access.
External users will receive an e-mail from Stormshield (email@example.com) stating that you have granted them access to protected files. This e-mail contains instructions on how to open protected files via SDS for C&M Encryption Portal.
- Make the protected files available to external users, for example by sharing them in a shared space or sending them by e-mail.
They can then log in to SDS for C&M Encryption Portal to read the protected file. For more information, refer to the SDS for C&M Encryption Portal User Guide.