- You are on a Windows environment and your administrator has enabled the automatic protection of folders on one or several types of synchronized shared spaces. This makes it possible to protect your folders and files systematically whenever they are stored on the Internet.
To protect files in your synchronized shared space
This feature is not available in macOS.
- Log on to SDS for C&M. For more information, refer to the section Logging in to SDS for C&M.
- Move your files to the synchronized folder of your choice (e.g., OneDrive or Dropbox).
They will be automatically protected and you will be the only person allowed to access them.
You can then perform the following actions on your protected files:
- Allow other users to access them. For more information, please refer to the section Managing access to files.
- Share it with other users. For more information, please refer to the section Sharing a file.
Even when you move your protected files outside the synchronized space, they will remain protected. You can, however, remove protection in this case. For more information, please refer to the section Removing file protection.