- When files are stored on your personal computer unprotected. They contain confidential information and you wish to protect them.
- When you wish to share confidential files through a secure channel with users, either by e-mail, through a shared space, a removable device or a shared server.
- From the file explorer (or the Finder on macOS), right-click on the folder or files you wish to protect and select Stormshield Data Security > Protect access.
- In the Protect access window, select where necessary the users other than yourself allowed to edit the files.
- Click on Next.
- Check the summary and click on Protect.
- In the last window, you can open the folder containing your protected files. They now have the extension .sdsx and their icon shows a small padlock. If you have chosen to protect a folder, the files that it contains, and not the folder itself, will be protected.
If you cannot find a user in the list, refer to the section Users cannot be found in the list.
If a key has availability or validity issues, refer to the section The application indicates issues with keys.
You will be able to share protected files in a shared space afterwards. See section Sharing a file.
Double-click the file with an .sdsx extension.