- When files are stored on your personal computer unprotected. They contain confidential information and you wish to protect them.
- When you wish to share confidential files through a secure channel with users, either by e-mail, through a shared space, a removable device or a shared server.
- From the file explorer (or the Finder on macOS), right-click on the folder or files you wish to protect and select Stormshield Data Security > Protect access.
- In the Protect access window, select where necessary the users other than yourself allowed to edit the files.
- In the Search for user field, enter the full or partial names of the users who will be granted access to the files and select them from the list that appears.
- or -
If your security policy allows it, you can select external users who do not have SDS for C&M licenses. Enter their full e-mail addresses in the Search for user field. For more information, refer to the section Protecting and sharing files with external users.
- Next to the names of users, select Allowed to modify access and content if you wish to grant them full access to the protected file, i.e., privileges to modify file content and access to the file. By default, external users can only modify content .
If you cannot find a user in the list, refer to the section Users cannot be found in the list.
If a key has availability or validity issues, refer to the section The application indicates issues with keys.
If your workstation or mobile device does not have an SDS for C&M client or application, you can still protect files using a web browser on SDS for C&M Encryption Portal. For more information, refer to the SDS for C&M Encryption Portal User Guide.
Double-click the file with an .sdsx extension.