Managing access to files
- If you are the owner of protected files or are allowed to modify access to these files and you want to add or remove users allowed to edit files.
To manage access to confidential files
- From the file explorer (or the Finder on macOS), right-click on the file and select Stormshield Data Security > Manage access. If you are not allowed to manage access to this document, an error message will indicate that the operation is denied.
- In the Manage access window, add or remove users allowed to edit the file(s):
In the Search for user field, enter the full or partial names of the users who will be granted access to the files and select them from the list that appears.
- or -
If your security policy allows it, you can select external users who do not have SDS for C&M licenses. Enter their full e-mail addresses in the Search for user field and press Enter.
Such users will be allowed to modify the content of the protected file by default.
- Using the icons next to each user’s name, change their privileges if necessary:
- Allowed to modify access and content grants the user full access to the protected file, i.e., privileges to modify file content and access to the file.
- Allowed to modify content grants the user only this privilege.
If the user already had access modification privileges before having been added, these privileges will remain.
- In the list of selected users, you can:
- Check users' level of security. If the icon appears, this means that security is not high enough and this user will not be granted access. If the icon appears, the security error will not prevent the operation from being carried out, but you need to confirm it.
- Select several users and use the Define access and Clear list buttons at the top of the list to apply these actions to all users at the same time.
- Click on the cross at the end of the line to delete a user whose access you wish to revoke.
- Once you have compiled your list of users, click on Grant access.
If there is a security error for some users, a confirmation window will appear. You can either confirm the operation or go back to the previous screen to delete users with errors.
- Click on Manage.
- On the last window, you can open the folder containing the protected file. The file has an .sdsx extension.
If a key has availability or validity issues, refer to the section The application indicates issues with keys.