Restricting access to several files
- When you no longer wish to allow certain users to access certain protected files. For example, if coworkers are transferred to different departments, and you wish to remove their access to all confidential files belonging to their previous departments.
- When you wish to perform this operation only once for all documents in a folder instead of individually.
- To perform this operation, you must be allowed to manage access to protected files.
To restrict access to several protected files
- From the Windows explorer (or the Finder on macOS), select the folders containing the files to which you would like to restrict access.
- Right-click on the selection and choose Stormshield Data Security > Restrict access.
- In the Search for user field, enter the full or partial names of the users whose access to files will be revoked, and select them from the list that appears.
- or -
If your security policy allows it, you can select external users who do not have SDS for C&M licenses. Enter their full e-mail addresses in the Search for user field and press Enter.
- In the list of selected users, you can:
- Select several users and use the Clear list button at the top of the list to delete all users at the same time and start compiling your list again.
- Click on the cross at the end of the line to delete a user that has been added by mistake.
- Once you have compiled your list of users, click on Restrict access.
In the last window, you can open the folder that contains your protected files or click on Details to obtain additional information if an error occurs.