Restricting access to several files
When should you restrict access to several protected files?
- When you no longer wish to allow certain users to access certain protected files. For example, if coworkers are transferred to different departments, and you wish to remove their access to all confidential files belonging to their previous departments.
- When you wish to perform this operation only once for all documents instead of individually.
- To perform this operation, you must be allowed to manage access to protected files.
To restrict access to several protected files
- From the Windows explorer (or the Finder on macOS), select the protected files to which you would like to restrict access, and/or the folders containing such files.
- Right-click on the selection and choose Stormshield Data Security > Restrict access.
- In the window that allows you to select users, enter the full or partial name of a user in the search field. A list of users will appear:
- The Recent section will display users whose files you have already protected,
- The Results section will display users who match your search criteria.
- Click on the user whose access you wish to remove, who will then appear in the list of Selected users.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 if necessary to remove other users' access.
- In the list of selected users, you can:
- Select several users and use the Clear list button at the top of the list to delete all users at the same time and start compiling your list again.
- Click on the cross at the end of the line to delete a user that has been added by mistake.
- Once you have compiled your list of users, click on Restrict access.
In the last window, you can open the folder containing your protected files.