Creating SDS for C&M accounts
- The first time you use SDS for C&M to protect files or decrypt protected files.
- If the administrator deleted your user account from the administration server.
To create an account from an SDS for C&M client
- On Windows, right-click on the icon in the notification area in the taskbar and select the Connect menu.
- or -
On macOS, click on in the menu bar, then click on the gear wheel to choose the Connect menu.
- In the Welcome window, click on Create your account, then on Next.
- In the window that appears, enter your business email address, then click on Next.
- Enter your first and last name, then click on Next.
- If your administrator has provided you with a personal key container (a file with a .p12 or .pfx extension), a window will appear, asking you to import this file. Click on Browse to select it, then enter the corresponding password. Click on Next.
- From the Protect your account window, choose the password you will use to sign in to SDS for C&M and to decrypt protected files.
- Click on Next. If several e-mail addresses are available in your personal key container, select the same address that you had entered in step 2 of this process.
- You’ll receive an email to the email address you have just specified. Check your mailbox to confirm your email address and activate your SDS for C&M account. If you did not receive the email, please check your spam mailbox. The confirmation link expires within 48 hours, but you can always request a new one from your administrator if necessary.
- Once you have confirmed the email address, the result may be one of the following:
- You are now registered on the SDMC server and you can therefore protect files from any of your devices. For more information, please refer to the section Protecting access to files.
- The validity of the key cannot be controlled: you need to confirm the creation of the account in order to proceed.
- The key is invalid (expired or revoked): you need to confirm the creation of the account in order to proceed. If a key has validity issues, refer to the section The application indicates issues with key validity.
Once your account has been created, you can sign in to SDS for C&M from all the devices where the product is installed: workstations and mobile devices. When you sign in from a new device, you receive an email informing you about this action. You can check whether you have performed this action.
To create an account from a browser
If your workstation or mobile device does not have an SDS for C&M client or application, you can create your account using a web browser on SDS for C&M Encryption Portal. For more information, refer to the SDS for C&M Encryption Portal User Guide.