Granting access to several protected files
When should you grant access to several protected files?
- When you need to add users who are allowed to manage protected files. For example, when new coworkers join the company, and you wish to grant them access to all the confidential files that they need.
- When you wish to allow users themselves to grant or deny access to some protected files.
- When you wish to perform this operation only once for all documents in a folder instead of individually.
- To perform this operation, you must be allowed to manage access to protected files.
To grant access to several protected files
- From the Windows explorer (or the Finder on macOS), select the folders containing the files to which you would like to grant access.
- Right-click on the selection and choose Stormshield Data Security > Grant access.
- In the Search for user field, enter the full or partial names of the users who will be granted access to the files and select them from the list that appears.
- or -
If your security policy allows it, you can select external users who do not have SDS for C&M licenses. Enter their full e-mail addresses in the Search for user field and press Enter.
Such users will be allowed to modify the content of the protected file by default.
- Using the icons next to each user’s name, change their privileges if necessary:
- Allowed to modify access and content grants the user full access to the protected files, i.e., privileges to modify file content and access to the files.
- Allowed to modify content grants the user only this privilege.
If the user already had access modification privileges before having been added, these privileges will remain.
- In the list of selected users, you can:
- Check users' level of security. If the icon appears, this means that security is not high enough and this user will not be granted access. If the icon appears, the security error will not prevent the operation from being carried out, but you need to confirm it.
- Select several users and use the Define access and Clear list buttons at the top of the list to apply these actions to all users at the same time.
- Click on the cross at the end of the line to delete a user that has been added by mistake.
- Once you have compiled your list of users, click on Grant access.
If there is a security error for some users, a confirmation window will appear. You can either confirm the operation or go back to the previous screen to delete users with errors.
In the last window, you can open the folder that contains your protected files or click on Details to obtain additional information if an error occurs.