Adding unknown users in SDS for C&M
When should you add users?
- Alice wishes to protect a file and share it with you but you do not work in the same company and she cannot find your user in SDS for C&M. Export your identity as a file and send it to her. She will be able to add your user to her directory.
- You wish to protect files for Alice but her name is not in the user list. Import her identity to add it to your directory.
Exporting your identity
- On Windows, right-click on in the notification area in the taskbar and select the Settings menu.
- or -
On macOS, click on in the menu bar, then click on the gear wheel to choose the Settings menu.
- From the Account tab, click on Export my identity. The Export identity as window displays.
- Select the folder where you want to save the .sdsi identity file on your computer, then enter the file name and validate.
- Send your .sdsi file to the people who want to share protected files with you.
- Copy to your computer the .sdsi file that you have received.
- Double click on this file. The user’s identity is automatically added to your SDS for C&M directory.
You can now protect and share files with this user.