Recovering user accounts
In SDS for C&M, recovering a user account consists of granting all access privileges from one SDS for C&M user account to another user. For example, if Paul resigns from the company, this operation would allow his colleague Alice to access all of Paul's protected files after he has left. Alice will keep her own access privileges while holding those belonging to Paul. However, Alice will not be able to access Paul's shared spaces (e.g., Dropbox). A request must be made to the provider.
To recover a user account, you need the Recovery role. For more information on creating this account, please refer to the section Declaring the security administrator.
- On a workstation, log on to SDS for C&M using the account of the user with the Recovery role.
- Right-click on the SDS for C&M icon and select Administer users.
The User administration window appears.
- In the first field, enter the name or e-mail address of the user whose account you wish to recover (Paul in our example).
The information regarding this user appears.
- In the Give access area, enter the name or e-mail address of the user to whom you wish to give access (Alice in our example).
The information regarding this second user appears.
- Click on Validate, then confirm.
After having logged on to SDS for C&M, the second user can now access all protected files belonging to the first user and inherit his privileges.