Installing and configuring the macOS client on workstations
The SDS for C&M client is supported on:
- Apple macOS High Sierra 10.13,
- Apple macOS Mojave 10.14.
Install the client for macOS on users' workstations using the file provided: Stormshield Data Security for Cloud 3.1.xxxxx.dmg.
Before installing the SDS for C&M client, ensure that the following conditions have been met:
- You have at least 200 MB of disk space,
- You must have administration privileges to install the client for all users, but not if you are installing only for the current user,
- In the server's administration interface, select the Downloads menu on the left.
- From the Desktop section, click on the link corresponding to your operating system (i.e., .dmg) to download the installation file.
- Double click on the downloaded file, then the installer.pkg icon, and follow the steps in the installation wizard.
- The application is installed by default for all users. To install it only for the current user, click on Change install location in the Standard install on "Macintosh HD" window, and select Install for me only.
- Complete the installation.
- Unmount the volume corresponding to the installation file.
- Run the application via Launchpad or Spotlight as it does not start automatically after being installed.
If you chose an installation for all users, the application will be installed in the folder /Applications. For the current user only, the application will be installed in the folder ~/Applications.
To ensure that the SDS for C&M client runs properly, ensure that network communication between the client and the SDMC server via port 443 is allowed.