Creating a policy
- In the server's administration interface, select the Policies menu on the left.
- Click on New at the top right of the panel, type a name et click on Create.
- Define the parameters. For each parameter, the icons indicate the supported operating systems : for Windows, for macOS, for Android and for iOS.
- Policy identifier: when creating a policy, this field is filled in by default. This is the identifier from which mobile devices retrieve policy updates.
- Files auto-protection: specify if you want to enable automatic protection for each type of synchronized space. For more information, see the section Configuring automatic file protection.
- LDAP: specify if you want to declare an LDAP directory in SDMC. For more information, see the section Declaring an LDAP directory
- Application settings: specify the authentication and locking parameters that you want to apply. The Allow smart cards and Allow p12 file import parameters are not available in built-in key management mode.
When Allow external collaboration is enabled, users will be able to share protected files with external users, even those without an SDS for C&M license. For more information, refer to the
under the section Protecting and sharing files with external users.
- Password settings: specify the password requirements with which users must comply. Special characters are all characters that are neither numbers nor letters. ASCII, UTF8 and ISO-8859-1 character encoding are supported.
- Technical support: specify the e-mail address of the person or group to be contacted in the event SDS for C&M malfunctions. Also specify the Message to be displayed after the help pages, according to the language of the mobile device.
- Geographical settings: select the countries in which the mobile application cannot be used (blacklist). The List of non-EU countries button allows easily blocking all countries except European Union countries, and therefore complying with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).