Managing access to files
When should you modify access to files?
- If you are the owner of protected files or are allowed to modify access to these files and you want to add or remove users allowed to edit files.
To manage access to confidential files
- From the file explorer (or the Finder on macOS), right-click on the file and select Stormshield Data Security > Manage access.
- In the Manage access window, add or remove users allowed to edit the file(s).
- In the My address book column, filter the user list by entering the first few letters of their names in the Search for user field, then click on the icon.
- In the Allowed users column, check the box Allowed to manage access to enable these users to allow other users to see and edit the files.
- Click on Next.
- Check the summary and click Manage.
- In the last window, you can open the folder containing the protected file. The file has an .sdsx extension.
If a key has availability or validity issues, refer to the section The application indicates issues with keys.