Modifying users' passwords
If a user forgets his password, the user with the Helpdesk role can assign a new password to him. For more information on creating the Helpdesk account, please refer to the section Declaring the Helpdesk and Recovery user .
- On a workstation, log on to SDS for C&M using the account of the user with the Helpdesk role.
- Right-click on the SDS for C&M icon and select Administer users.
The User administration window appears.
- In the first field, enter the name or e-mail address of the user whose password you wish to change.
The information regarding this user appears.
- In the Modify password area, enter the new password.
- Click on Validate, then confirm.
- Communicate the new password to the user through a secure channel and encourage the user to change it.